Jerry Williams, Attendant
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday
Wilmot’s Transfer Station is located on Route 11 and is operated by two Transfer Station employees, under the direction of the Road Agent. The Wilmot Transfer Station is available to Wilmot residents only. Each vehicle should have a current Transfer Station sticker clearly visible to the attendants (driver’s side rear, if possible). Stickers are available from the Town Clerk’s Office or the Selectmen’s Office.
To reduce disposal costs, the Selectmen encourage everyone to reduce the amount of waste they produce by composting your food scraps and recycling as much as possible. The Town pays per pound to dispose of waste and this is paid for by tax dollars. Lower your taxes by practicing the three R’s:
• #1 and #2 plastic bottles (1 gallon and smaller); please do not remove caps and lids
• tin and aluminum cans
• plastic bags (bring these to the grocery store for recycling)
• hard plastic like 5-gallon buckets, toys, or plant and pot trays
• K cups
• plastic wrap
• plastic packing materials
• egg cartons
• books, newspapers and magazines
• tissue and wrapping paper
• bottles and jars
• dishes, window panes, tiles and toilet ceramics
• usable items like tools, antiques, bikes and lawnmowers, toys, kitchenware, books …
• TVs, VCRs, DVD players, wooden or padded furniture
(To discard VCR $5 charge, other electronics $10-$20)
• Most scrap metal accepted free of charge.
• $15 charge to accept refrigerators, air conditioners, and anything else with freon in it.
• $5 per 30-gallon barrel
• $60 per cubic yard
Clothing is no longer accepted at the transfer station. You are encouraged to bring it to local thrift and consignment stores so that someone may reuse it.
Computers (CPU) $5
Fluorescent bulbs $2
Large Console Televisions $20
Mattress, box spring, couch, or auto bench seat $15
Mid to small TV, Computer Monitor, Printer $10
Porcelain toilet $10
Porcelain or other sink (unless steel) $5
Propane Tank (gas grill size – 20 lb. $5
(any other size, smaller or larger) $20
Recliner, Upholstered chair, or auto seat $15
Refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner, etc $15
For more information about the types of items accepted at Wilmot’s Transfer Station and any applicable fees please read the brochure located below:
For more information please visit the website for the UVLSRPC Household Hazardous Waste Program.
Join us for email updates