The Board of Health serves to protect, promote and improve pubic health through efforts aimed at assessment, regulation and policy development and assurance.
The goal of Public Health Officers is to maintain and improve the health and well-being of all Wilmot residents. The Health Officer and Deputy Health Officer operate under the authority and guidelines laid out by NH RSAs, primarily RSAs 128, 147 and 595.
The Health Officer and Deputy Health Officer:
- Enforce the New Hampshire public health rules and laws, as well as local ordinances and regulations
- Serve as a liaison between state officials and the local community on issues concerning local public health
The Health Officer’s and the Deputy Health Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Inspect daycare/foster homes
- Inspect septic systems to certify failure
- Enforce minimum standards for rental housing
- Provide information on public health-related topics
- Investigate complaints regarding local public health concerns
- Help in minimizing the impact of adverse events on our population such as natural disasters, biological terrorism, chemical terrorism or naturally occurring communicable disease outbreaks