Planning Board

Contact Info

Bill Chaisson, Property and Land-use Clerk
PO Box 72
9 Kearsarge Valley Road
Wilmot, NH 03287

Office hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday while town offices are open. Please call for an appointment.
The Planning Board meets every third Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m., unless otherwise posted.

Additional Info

Planning Board Details

The Planning Board is a land-use board and, as such, is responsible for developing, reviewing and updating:

  • Zoning ordinances
  • Subdivision regulations
  • Site-plan review regulations
  • Driveway regulations
  • Business-sign regulations
  • Home-occupation and cottage-industry regulations
  • The town’s master plan

The Planning Board issues approvals and/or permits for:

  • Site plans
  • Subdivisions, lot mergers, annexations, lot line adjustments
  • Home occupations and cottage industries
  • Business signs

The Planning Board meets the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m., unless otherwise posted.

Files for each property, with documents covering the development history of each lot that has been reviewed by the planning board, along with any pertinent plans, decisions and permits, are maintained within the town office. Members of the public are welcome to look at these files.

When you want to subdivide or merge parcels of land, perform a lot-line adjustment, open or expand a business, work near lakes, ponds, streams or wetlands or have concerns about zoning regulations, the Planning Board is the one to contact. ~

(See NH RSA 674:1)

Application TypeFeeAmount
SubdivisionFiling fee$150
Per lot/unit$300
Site Plan ReviewFiling fee$150
Per $1,000 sq. ft. of building$75
Annexation / Lot-line AdjustmentFiling fee$75
Voluntary MergerFiling fee$75
Home Occupation / Cottage IndustryFiling fee$50
For SBD, LLA, ANNRegistration$25 LCHIP and $26 per plat for recording
Certified Notices
(abutters, town, owner, consultants)
$10 per notice
For MergerRecording Fee$26
Planning Board Resources

What Kind of Paperwork Do You Have to Do?

Any project that affects the value of your property will require a certificate of zoning compliance1, which is reviewed and granted by the Select Board.

Projects that change the size and/or the use of a parcel, may require a hearing before the Planning Board and/or the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA).

If a proposed use is one that requires a special exception to the zoning ordinance (as called out in the ordinance), the project must go before the ZBA. If the use is not included in the ordinance, then the applicant must ask the ZBA for a variance.

If the proposed project ...You need a ...
1a. Makes changes that affect the value of your property.Certificate of zoning compliance (a) and 7
1b. May or may not affect the value of your property.2
2a. Affects a residential use.3
2b. Affects a non-residential use.5
3a. Involves redrawing property lines.4
3b. Does not involve redrawing property lines.5
4a. Will add/subtract acreage of an existing parcel.Lot-line adjustment and 9
4b. Will combine adjacent parcels owned by same person.Voluntary merger and 9
4c. Will create new lots from an existing parcel.Subdivision and 9
5a. Involves starting a new business that impacts abutters.6
5b. Makes a change that impacts abutters at an existing business.7
6a. Is in residential, village, or commercial district.Possbile state license or permit and 7
6b. Is not in the commercial district.Home occupation / cottage industry and 7
7a. Involves a change of use on the parcel.Site plan review (b) and 8
7b. Does not involve a change of use.8
8a. Requires erecting a business sign.Business sign permit
8b. Does not require erecting a business sign.9
9a. Requires installing a driveway.Driveway permit
9b. Does not require installing a driveway.You are done.
(a) Wilmot has no building inspector, therefore no building permits.
(b) One- and two-family houses and home occupations are exempted from site plan review.

Jeffrey Gill
[email protected]
2022 Chair
Scott McCullough 2022 Vice-chair
Linda Scofield 2023 Secretary
Mark Kozikowski 2024 Member
Patricia Brown 2024 Member
Jonathan Schwartz 2023 Member
Gary Palumbo Selectmen’s representative
Olivia Uyizeye UVLSRPC planner
Heather Mather 2024 Alternate
Vacant Alternate
Bill Chaisson Property and land-use clerk


Documents for Active Cases

November 18, 2021 | Continued to February 17, 2022

Site plan review hearing | Blue Water Storage, 28 Ridgewood Drive

Site plan application for self storage units

Plan for self-storage units


Find It Fast


Join us for email updates