The Selectmen meet every other Wednesday at 6:00 pm in the Town Office Building at 9 Kearsarge Valley Road in Wilmot.
The Selectmen’s Office is responsible for:
- Holding public meetings and hearings.
- Maintaining all assessing data and property transfer records used for tax billing.
- Processing abatement, tax credit and exemption applications.
- Producing all tax warrants.
- Processing Intents to Cut and Intents to Excavate.
- Processing all Current Use applications and Land Use Changes
- Providing detailed financial data to the state for use in determining tax rates.
- Developing the town budget and warrant articles.
- Compiling and producing the town’s Annual Report.
- Maintaining the town’s tax maps
- Developing and adopting town policies, ordinances, and procedures.
- Overseeing the use and care of town buildings and other resources.
- Processing payroll and accounts payable for the town.
- Addressing complaints from residents.
- Acting as a liaison for the town with outside organizations, officials from surrounding towns, state legislators, and departments.
- Issuing certificates of zoning compliance (formerly called a "building permit").
This is not a complete list but gives a general idea of the scope of the work the Board of Selectmen and its staff address every year.